Posted by Starpoint Resort Group on Oct 9, 2015 in Las Vegas, Starpoint Resort Group, Travel Tips, Vacations | Comments Off on Starpoint Resort Group Highlights Best October Events at the Smith Center
From Broadway Shows to Children’s Musicals to Anniversary Concerts, The Smith Center has a jam-packed schedule for this October in Las Vegas.
Starpoint Resort Group knows the Smith Center is a one-stop shop for all types of entertainment. Here they highlight for vacationers some of the best shows in October.
- The Book of Mormon – “The Best Musical of the Century” as touted by the New York Times finds its way to Reynolds Hall in Sin City this fall. Running from mid-September through October 18th, this performance is not to be missed. This outrageous musical comedy from the creators of South Park features music composed by Frozen’s Bobby Lopez. Follow the misadventures of a pair of missionaries as they attempt to spread the Good Word. This show has sold out around the world, so be sure to get tickets quickly.
- A Choreographers’ Showcase – On two special Sundays in October, the Smith Center presents a partnership only possible in Las Vegas. This unique collaboration between the Nevada Ballet Theatre and Cirque du Soleil is returning to the stage for the 8th consecutive season. On the afternoons of the 11th and 18th at Mystere Theatre at Treasure Island, watch the bold new works as some of the city’s most exciting performers combine with athleticism and grace, pushing each other, the production, and the boundaries of movement to the edge.
- Room on the Broom – Tall Stories Theatre Company presents Room on the Broom October 21st at Reynolds Hall. Children of all ages will enjoy this magical, musical delight of a performance, adapted from the book by Julia Donaldson and Axel Scheffler. Watch as the witch and her cat attempt to find room on their broom for their friends, a dog, bird, and frog. Music, comedy, and scary fun appropriate for ages 3 and up await at this fantastic production.
- Passport to the World – On Saturday, October 24th join the Las Vegas Philharmonic on an international affair featuring music selected by Maestro Cabrera. Starpoint Resort Group says that the selections showcase the skill of each section of the orchestra, as well as the passion and purpose of the composers. Familiar tunes such as Pomp and Circumstances, Clair de Lune, and Fantasia are accompanied by dances, tone poems, and ceremonial works by some of the world’s greatest composers. For those interested in more of the history of these pieces, there is a pre-concert lecture beginning at 6:30pm.
Starpoint Resort Group has The Smith Center’s full schedule available and is ready to help find the perfect performance for each traveler. For more information on these great events and assistance with other travel planning needs, contact Starpoint Resort Group today. http://starpointresortgroup.com/
Posted by Starpoint Resort Group on Sep 23, 2015 in Las Vegas, Starpoint Resort Group, Travel Tips | Comments Off on Starpoint Resort Group Alerts Travelers Of Timeshare Rip Offs
Alert for Travelers Of Timeshare Rip Offs
Starpoint Resort Group understands that Timeshares are vacation properties that allow different timeshare owners to purchase a share of the property for the time they use it. Usually timeshare owners get a chance to use the vacation property for two to three weeks in year. Though they are the most ideal accommodation for many travelers, the process of actually purchasing a timeshare property is quite stressful as not all timeshare companies are legitimate. You can avoid being a victim of Timeshare scams if you search and conduct careful research before accepting the timeshare property.
Starpoint Resort Group knows that although most timeshare companies are enjoying steady growth there are still some malicious people who pose as representatives of timeshare resale companies and charge upfront payments and service charges. And the moment that they receive the upfront payments they completely disappear, robbing you of your timeshare property as well as the high service and processing charges. To add insult to injury they sometimes disguise themselves as representatives of fraud recovery companies that offer assistance in recovering losses. At times these people were identified to be the same who had initially posed as representatives of Timeshare Resale Company
Starpoint Resort Group warns you of such timeshare frauds that could be at your destination so be on the lookout and report if you suspect something fishy so that immediate action can be taken and others can avoid being victimized in the same way.
Posted by Starpoint Resort Group on Sep 18, 2015 in Las Vegas, Starpoint Resort Group, Travel Tips | Comments Off on Starpoint Resort Group Highlights Las Vegas’ Production of ‘Defending the Caveman’
Audiences will find modern-day laughs in prehistoric sensibilities with Caveman show when they visit this September.
When people come to the Entertainment Capital of the World, they do so expecting to be exhilarated by high-stakes games of chance and entertained by a variety of nightly shows. What they might not expect is get a little couples therapy thrown into the mix.
“Defending the Caveman,” which holds the record as the longest running solo play in Broadway history, offers attendees a chance to laugh, think and, perhaps, leave with a better understanding of their significant other, says Starpoint Resort Group.
This popular comedy tour de force was written by comedian and actor Rob Becker over a 3-year period. During that time, Becker studied anthropology, prehistory, psychology, sociology and mythology. Using his newfound knowledge, he created “Defending the Caveman” to help couples – and even singles – laugh at and think about all the ways men and women fight and love. According to Starpoint Resort Group, the show has unofficially become something of a peacemaker in the continuous misunderstandings between men and women. Though the show is called “Defending the Caveman,” both sexes will find humor in Becker’s insights.
The show first opened in San Francisco in 1991. After a run there, it moved to Dallas for one year and then went to sell out venues in Washington D.C., Philadelphia and Chicago. Finally, in 1995 “Defending the Caveman” opened on Broadway. Two and a half years later, with 702 performances at the Helen Hayes Theater, Becker’s show was recognized by the Guinness Book of World Records as the longest running solo play in Broadway history. Starpoint Resort Group says the show has now been performed in 45 countries and translated into 18 different languages.
In Las Vegas, Kevin Burke is the resident “caveman.” Recognized as a “Las Vegas Entertainer of the Year,” Burke has starred in “Defending the Caveman” since 2003. Burke also helped the show set yet another couple of records for the show, says Starpoint Resort Group. First, he has performed Caveman more than 3,000 times, making it the longest-running Broadway show in Las Vegas history. He also set the Guinness World Record for “Most Theatrical Performances in 50 Days.”
No matter what type of entertainment travelers are looking to experience, Starpoint Resort Group has the connections and inventory to help them plan a dream vacation. Concerts, conventions, beach-side relaxation – Starpoint Resort Group is the industry leader travelers in the know choose when they want to experience exciting events while enjoying luxurious accommodations. To learn more, visit http://starpointresortgroup.com
Posted by Starpoint Resort Group on Sep 11, 2015 in Las Vegas, Starpoint Resort Group, Travel Tips | Comments Off on Starpoint Resort Group Recommends Best Day Trips from Las Vegas
Sin City doesn’t slowdown in the fall, and the surrounding areas are just as inviting as always.
Travelers are invited by Starpoint Resort Group to visit Las Vegas early this fall. And to not stop there! Las Vegas is perfectly situated for some amazing day trips to round out any vacation. Vacationers can chose from over a dozen excursions, including national parks and landmarks.
- The Hoover Dam – Located just 25 miles outside of Las Vegas on the Arizona/Nevada border, this masterpiece of architecture, technology, and history is a must-see for any traveler. The Dam boasts a rocky history, beginning with construction and culminating in the last tourism closure, following 9/11. Currently, tourists can view the external structure, drive or walk across the bridge, and visit the museum. Starpoint Resort Group is happy to help organize any available day trips.
- Hike the Valley of Fire – The Southwest is famous for dramatic and unique rock formations, and the Valley of Fire is one of those amazing places to visit. Visitors can view the rocks from Baja Buggy, ATVs, or helicopters; all of which are excellent. The park lives up to its name when the sun hits the formations and they appear to be on fire. Make sure to seek out Elephant Rock, the most famous statue of them all. Starpoint Resort Group knows there are several options for great hikes, ranging from novice to expert and with time slots including sunrise and sunset. These guided tours are also flexible enough to range from four to seven hours as hikers explore natural rock carvings and petroglyphs.
- Movies at Zion National Park – For those travelers ready to get out of the city for the day, Zion National Park is the perfect escape. About 2.5 hours by car, the National Park has something to offer everyone. Starting in August and running through November, Zion Canyon Treasure of the Gods is being shown on the big screen. With three showings a day, visitors can witness the discovery of Zion Canyon and travel back in time to see the Anasazi, experience flash floods, and hang from towers of stone. This movie is the perfect break from an outdoor adventure.
Vacationing in Vegas is more than gambling and shows, and these day trips are the perfect companion for any trip. For more great reasons to visit Las Vegas this fall or for information on how to acquire incredible accommodations in Sin City, contact Starpoint Resort Group today.
Posted by Starpoint Resort Group on Sep 4, 2015 in Las Vegas, Starpoint Resort Group, Travel Tips | Comments Off on Starpoint Resort Group Highlights the Best Las Vegas Dining Options this Fall
Starpoint Resort Group recommends some fantastic fall dining options for travelers.
Some of the best vacation experiences are built around a delicious plate of food. From steak to pasta and sake to boutique cocktails, Starpoint Resort Group suggests some top restaurants sure to satisfy taste buds and provide an atmosphere perfect for vacation.
- Raku – This Japanese restaurant boasts high-end small plates, bold and complex flavors, and solid service, making it a necessary stop on the Vegas restaurant tour. The West Side robata grill produces exquisite Kobe beef, chicken, and seafood bites, as well as a mushroom wrapped in bacon. Each month, Raku features three sakes from Japan in a sampler. Authentic rice and noodle dishes, soups, and appetizers round out the menu. Raku also offers Omakase, a Chef’s choice course prepared with different specials daily. Located slightly southwest of Las Vegas in Spring Valley, this restaurant is open late and is a favorite spot for chefs.
- Prime Steakhouse – The Bellagio continues to set the standard with its Prime Steakhouse. With award winning, four-star celebrity chef Jean-Georges Vongerichten in the kitchen and a stunning atmosphere designed by Michael DeSantis, this restaurant showcases the best of the best. Starpoint Resort Group praises the restaurant as a first-rate steakhouse with the finest quality filets, an outstanding wine list, and a wait staff that makes everyone feel like royalty. This meal will be an experience, and the bill will reflect that, but everyone deserves a night out like this. To complete the experience, be sure and play the part, adhering to the dress code, and leave the little ones with a sitter as children under five are not allowed.
- Sage – This restaurant, located in the ARIA, boasts an American cuisine. Chef Shawn McCain puts the emphasis on clean and simple flavors and seasonal ingredients in his “farm to table” approach to food. Familiar meals such as a New York strip steak or ravioli with heirloom carrots and roasted garlic make up the menu. Behind the bar, veteran mixologists combine fruit purees, boutique liquors, and homemade bitters into some equally creative and flavorful cocktails. The global influences that make American cuisine popular are all found in the artisanal meats, sustainable seafood, and mouth-watering dishes prepared at Sage.
A night of amazing entertainment is ready and waiting, contact Starpoint Resort Group to arrange tickets, secure accommodations, and all other vacation needs.
Posted by Starpoint Resort Group on Aug 10, 2015 in Las Vegas, Reviews | Comments Off on Starpoint Resort Group recommends getting intimate with Carlos Santana
Starpoint Resort Group recommends visitors to Las Vegas catch House of Blues’ “An Intimate Evening with Carlos Santana.”
When people travel with Starpoint Resort Group, they feel like they are stars. From the lavish accommodations to the out-of-this-world customer service, this industry leader ensures that its members are well taken care of.
And when being you feel like a star, it is a good time to see another one in person. In the music world, there is no bigger classic rock star than Carlos Santana. That is why Starpoint Resort Group recommends catching his show this September at the House of Blues.
Performing on various nights between Sept. 16 and Sept. 27, An Intimate Evening with Carlos Santana is taking audiences through a musical journey that makes stops at his chart-topping hits. The 90-minute set is barely able to encompass the classics from his songbook, as it stretches back to 1960s.
Carlos Santana’s band, Santana, first found superstardom in 1969 when they performed numbers from their debut album at Woodstock on Aug. 15 of that year. He was a pioneer, fusing American rock with Latin American music. The band further created a world music vibe accompanying his melodic, blues-based guitar lines with Latin and African rhythms on percussion instruments such as timbales and congas.
According to Starpoint Resort Group, the debut album’s single “Evil Ways,” was their first Top 10 hit, and in 1970 the band released a second record titled “Abraxas.” This album was even more successful than the first, hitting No. 1 and featuring such huge hits as “Black Magic Woman” and “Oye Como Va.”
Though band members changed over the years, Carlos Santana led the group through one successful album after the other. In the early 1990s, however, the band’s success waned until in 1999 Santana released “Supernatural.” This album took over the airwaves with such hits as “Smooth,” featuring guest star Rob Thomas of Matchbox Twenty, and “Maria Maria,” featuring The Product G&B. Starpoint Resort Group says those two songs stayed on the Billboard Hot 100 chart for 12 and 10 weeks respectively. Other guest stars on that ablum included Wyclef Jean, Eric Clapton, Lauryn Hill and Dave Matthews.
The 10-time Grammy award winner will be at the House of Blues Sept. 16, Sept. 18-20, Sept. 23 and Sept. 25-27. Starpoint Resort Group recommends visitors to Las Vegas get their tickets now to see the man Rolling Stone magazine listed as one of the 100 Greatest Guitarists of All Time.
Learn more about Starpoint Resort Group and the benefits members can receive by visiting http://starpointresortgroup.com.
Posted by Starpoint Resort Group on Aug 3, 2015 in Las Vegas | Comments Off on Starpoint Resort Group recommends catching rock legend Rod Stewart in Las Vegas
Starpoint Resort Group recommends catching Rod Stewart’s show in Las Vegas.
Big name talent abounds in Las Vegas. It’s almost like the heyday of Sin City’s early years. And now Caesars Palace has hit the jackpot by getting legendary singer/songwriter Rod Stewart to take up residence in Caesars’ Colosseum.
If you want see a true star performance, Starpoint Resort Group recommends catching his show while visiting the Entertainment Capital of the World.
Stewart’s songbook stretches back to 1969, and he carefully selected all the material for this show to create a set list full of music video and radio staples. Fans will hear such hits as “Forever Young,” and “First Cut is the Deepest,” as well as covers like “Reason to Believe.”
You may even be lucky enough to hear a new Rod Stewart tune. According to Starpoint Resorts Group, the Rock and Roll Hall of Famer and Grammy Living Legend has written and recorded a brand new studio album entitled “Another Country.” With a release date set for Oct. 23, Stewart may give fans a preview of what are sure to be new hits.
Starpoint Resort Group says Stewart makes full use of the large Caesars’ Colosseum. A screen-in-screen setup is behind the band, and Stewart leaves the spacious stage to sing and clap with audience members in the aisles. Because Stewart’s show is one place, he was excited to create a larger, bolder version of what would have been a concert tour stop.
While Stewart is of course the main attraction, his band is able to not only keep up but create an energy of their own. Two percussionists, three backing singers, saxophonists and more deliver a visual and auditory feast. During what Starpoint Resort Group calls the show’s most incredible moment, the band goes unplugged for a small acoustic set about midway through the performance.
For more information on planning your next Las Vegas vacation, visit Starpoint Resort Group online at http://starpointresortgroup.com.
Posted by Starpoint Resort Group on Aug 3, 2015 in Las Vegas | Comments Off on Starpoint Resort Group lists top 3 magic acts to catch in Las Vegas in August
These aren’t your typical magicians. Starpoint Resort Group lists the best magic shows in Las Vegas.
When people think “magician,” many of them still imagine a man in a black top hat performing card tricks, sawing a person in half or pulling a rabbit out of a hat. If that’s what you were thinking, too, be prepared for a wonderful surprise when you witness the the grand performances of Sin City’s most popular magicians.
While there are many shows to choose from, Starpoint Resort Group has put together a list of what it considers the best three acts to catch before the end of the summer.
David Copperfield: Now performing in MGM Grand’s Hollywood Theatre, David Copperfield is the man who took modern-day magic to the next level. The man who once made the Statue of Liberty disappear still has the innate ability to bring about childlike wonderment from audience members of all ages, says Starpoint Resort Group. His confidence and skill – evidenced by such feats as making a Lincoln convertible appear on stage above the heads of volunteers – are accentuated by his personable, friendly demeanor.
Penn & Teller: Not your typical magicians, Penn & Teller are not trying to fool anyone. Instead, they explain how a trick is done before doing it. But therein lies the real magic: you will leave the show wondering how these two gentlemen can pull off an amazing feat such as catching a bullet in their mouth. The duo also steer clear of traditional magician tropes, such as pyrotechnics and creepy music. Starpoint Resort Group says fans can find these talented – and funny – gentlemen performing at the Rio.
Criss Angel: The “Mindfreak” star has now performing at the Luxor Theater in a show with Cirque du Soleil called “Believe.” Criss Angel has taken his magic and famous stage presence and paired it with the artistic flair for which Cirque du Soleil is known. As a Cirque show, there is a loosely connected narrative to Angel’s illusions; however, the focus remains on Angel’s magic. According to Starpoint Resort Group, the dark and mysterious set designs also stay true to the magician’s unique style.
To learn more about Starpoint Resort Group and the benefits members can receive, visit http://starpointresortgroup.com.
Posted by Starpoint Resort Group on Jul 10, 2015 in Las Vegas, Starpoint Resort Group, Travel Tips | Comments Off on Starpoint Resort Group Sees Reduced Complaints During Summer Travel Season
Starpoint Resort Group have steadily declined in recent months, and that is great news for both Starpoint and its valued members. The reduction comes after efforts were made to improve the customer service and protection throughout the industry by improved communication and vacation scam prevention tips. Industry-related complaints are expected to continue to decline throughout the rest of 2015.
According to Starpoint Resort Group, about travel scams were the biggest deterrence for travelers attempting to plan their 2015 vacations. It is no secret that scam artists like to target carefree travelers in tourism-dense areas of the world. No location is safe from scam artists, but luckily avoiding them is relatively easy, thanks to a number of travel safety tips. Everyone knows they should leave valuables at home while traveling, but not many people realize that leaving items at home can still result in the items being stolen. A careless post to Twitter or Facebook about being away for a week on vacation can alert a malicious individual to the fact that the house is vacant for an extended period of time. Nothing can ruin a relaxing vacation like coming home to discover the house has been robbed. Starpoint Resort Group urges travelers to refrain from posting vacation plans onto public social media profiles.
Starpoint Resort Group is releasing additional travel safety tips to better assist travelers with identifying and avoiding travel scams. Travelers should only connect to wireless access points which have been verified by the resort or restaurant. Connecting to a fake network can allow hackers into personal devices, exposing bank account numbers and other delicate financial information. Also, travelers should keep purses and bags firmly in hand, and held in front, at all times. It is also a good idea to rotate wallets from back pockets, to front pockets, when traveling in dense areas.
By following these travel safety tips, it is certain that Starpoint Resort Group will continue to decline as the year goes on and travelers become aware of the latest travel scams to avoid.
For more information please visit: http://starpointresortgroup.com.
Posted by Starpoint Resort Group on Jun 26, 2015 in Las Vegas, Reviews, Starpoint Resort Group | Comments Off on Starpoint Resort Group shares Art and Wine at the Bellagio
Beautiful Bellagio Fountains
Starpoint Resort Group knows that some of the biggest and brightest attractions on The Strip are the stunning luxury hotels that call Las Vegas their home. These hotels are fantastic for every Las Vegas traveler, because even those who do not choose to stay at these hotels can visit to enjoy some of the extraordinary entertainment options that they provide. On an upcoming Las Vegas vacation, travelers should especially consider heading to the Bellagio where they can participate in a special limited time arts event.
This year, the Bellagio Gallery of Fine Art is holding a fantastic exhibit of Faberge pieces in the show, “Faberge Revealed.” Visiting the showcase is a one of a kind opportunity to see some stunning jeweled pieces from this famous designer up close. However, the fun doesn’t stop there reveals Starpoint Resort Group, because on the second Wednesday of every month this year, travelers will be able to enjoy a limited time event that takes the beauty of the art being displayed at the Bellagio Gallery of Fine Art and pairs it with the fun of a wine tasting.
The Perfect Pairing is a show that visitors can enjoy at the Bellagio regularly, but the show varies depending on the pieces being showcased at the hotel. Past events have carefully paired different art exhibits with everything from beer and tequila to Champaign, and now, while the Faberge exhibit is being held at the Bellagio, those who attend the Perfect Pairing event will be able to appreciate fantastic wines from the Bellagio’s cellar, handpicked by Jason Smith, the Director of Wine at the Bellagio. The wine tasting will include a look at the artwork, as well as an interactive discussion with Smith, and Tarissa Tiberti, the Bellagio Gallery of Fine Art Director. This is sure to be an evening of breathtaking art, decadent wine, and stimulating conversation says.
Starpoint Resort Group. The event is held from 5 to 7 pm and admittance is $34 for members and $42 for non-members.
Starpoint Resort Group knows that Las Vegas is such a well-loved destination because it speaks to each and every traveler in some way, from those who love thrills, to those who seek the company of fine artists. Travelers who want to appreciate the best that Las Vegas has to offer are highly encouraged to consider this exhilarating Bellagio event, or to see the “Faberge Revealed” exhibit on their next visit to appreciate some truly masterful pieces. For more information on planning an upcoming getaway to Sin City visit http://starpointresortgroup.com/.